Rely on Glick Dental Associates to treat and prevent oral and facial athletic injuries and diseases.
As an athlete, you want to perform at your best and limit your injuries. Whether you play contact sports such as football, baseball and hockey, or participate in noncontact sports such as rollerblading and biking, injuries to your mouth area can occur. If you don’t take care of your teeth now, you could face dental injuries that will cost you time and money.
Glick Dental Associates’ sports dentistry services can help you maximize your athletic performance and safety by:
- Educating you on how to select and wear the proper sports protection equipment for your face and mouth.
- Custom-making a mouth guard so that it fits you accurately and doesn’t interfere with your speaking or breathing ability (vs. a boil-and-bite mouth guard).
- Conducting pre-season examinations, including health histories and a total mouth exam and analysis.
- Treating your oral or facial injuries on-site (in some cases) and at our dental offices.
- Referring you to a qualified doctor for treatment of non-dental oral or facial injuries.
Preventing Dental Injuries
Whether you’re an acrobat, a skydiver, martial artist or more, the cost of a fractured tooth is much higher than the cost of a visit to Glick Dental Associates’ sports dentistry services to discuss custom mouth guards and other injury-prevention strategies.
The American Dental Association recommends wearing custom mouth guards for the following sports: acrobats, basketball, boxing, field hockey, football, gymnastics, handball, ice hockey, lacrosse, martial arts, racquetball, roller hockey, rugby, shot putting, skateboarding, skiing, skydiving, soccer, squash, surfing, volleyball, water polo, weightlifting and wrestling.
Call Glick Dental Associates at 440-349-1400 for a consultation today.